Lionel Messi, widely regarded as the greatest player in football history, has won the FIFA World Cup trophy. After one of the best individual tournaments in the event’s history. There is a huge tribute to the legend.
The 35-year-old surpassed numerous records while contributing seven goals and three assists as Argentina won the sport for the first time in 36 years.
In the 62nd and 63rd minutes, respectively, Diego Maradona and Messi came off the bench to make their Argentina debuts against Hungary.
When Messi scored his first goal for Argentina?
iPhones and Twitter were non-existent. Facebook was essentially limited to students in North America.
There were no episodes of The Big Bang Theory, Ugly Betty, Dexter, or Keeping Up with the Kardashians on television.
- In the global rankings, Novak Djokovic was ranked 63rd and had not yet claimed an ATP title.
- Mariah Carey’s We Belong Together, Kanye West’s Gold Digger, Madonna’s Sorry, and Natasha Bedingfield’s Unwritten were among the top-charting songs worldwide.
- The ninth planet in the solar system was Pluto. Months later, it was downgraded to dwarf planet status.
- In the women’s street skating event at Tokyo 2020, Momiji Nishiya and Rayssa Leal won gold and silver before they were even born.
- Memoirs of a Geisha, Crash, King Kong, and Brokeback Mountain had just shared the lead with three Oscars each.
However, Messi was introduced in a match against Serbia and Montenegro. Within three minutes, he assisted Hernan Crespo in scoring, and 10 minutes later. He scored himself to complete Argentina’s joint-largest victory in the competition with a score of 6-0. A great tribute.